CELL FOR RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT (CRD)
- Provide critical component knowledge to relevant institutions for focused research & development
- Facilitate core scientific facilities in developing core medical device technologies
- Facilitate focused and target oriented R & D by institutions that specialize in respective domains
- Identify knowledge groups that specialize in key and strategic medical devices segments
- To develop cost effective channels for technology intensive programs
CELL FOR TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER (CTT)
- Supporting MedTech transfers(e-Auction) and facilitate rapid industrial promotion
- To promote setting up of scientific facilities for developing and Pre-market approvals
- To connect with knowledge networks viz. National & International Organizations, Industry Associations, Business councils, Regulatory agencies, Trade departments, Quality promotion etc.,
- Facilitating scientific cooperation, coordination of activities, information exchange, exchange of expertise and implementation of joint projects
- Implementing specific projects funded by Government, bilateral, multi-lateral, and other funding agencies for growth in health technology
- Improving access towards affordable health technologies
Cell for Health Technology Assessment (CHTA)
- As a regional hub of Department of Health Research, (MOHFW) the cell undertakes HTA to appraise the innovative medical devices in terms of their clinical and cost effectiveness.
- Undertakes systematic review and meta analysis of medical devices and health policies as a collaborative centre of Joanna Briggs Institute, University of Adelaide
- Support repository of medical device specific best practices, technology upgrades, skill building programs and knowledge sharing platforms.
- Undertakes research and analysis about concerns, rapid action requirement and long term strategy in Med Tech industry.
CELL FOR MARKET INTELLIGENCE & TRADE (CMT)
- Act as knowledge repository for export and import data on medical devices
- Act as advisory board on all matters relating to medical device sector
- Act as an advisory board on policy matters pertaining to medical devices
- Act as bridge between Start-ups and Corporates, and analysing Investments and advising accordingly