CELL FOR INNOVATION & MARKET ACCESS
- Identify and suggest measures to respective department/ministry on corrective actions for elimination of barriers to trade including technical barriers & operational requirements that retard manufacturing and trade of Indian made medical devices
- Undertake research & analysis of relevant data to inform upon request of Dept. of Bio-technology, other departments under Central & State governments, enforcement agencies as well as other stakeholders about concerns, any rapid action required, or long term strategies to minimize risk on medical devices industry and industrial research
- Support creation and/or adoption of medical device industry specific best practices, technology upgrades in manufacturing, skill building programs; knowledge sharing platforms, and other events for quality promotion of medical devices manufacturing sector;
- Promote general awareness on medical devices safety, standards and facilitate sharing of all such relevant information with public, medical professionals, and all other stake holders.
CELL FOR RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
- Providing critical component knowledge to relevant institutions for focused research & development
- Facilitate focused and target oriented R & D by institutions that specialize in respective domains
- Identify knowledge groups that specialize in key and strategic medical devices segments
- Developing cost effective channels for technology intensive programs
CELL FOR TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
- Supporting technology transfers to facilitate industrial production for technologies that have already been developed
- Promote setting up of medical device testing laboratories for pre-market approvals, quality and standardization
- Develop knowledge networks with National and International Organizations, Industry Associations, Business Councils, Regulatory agencies & Trade Departments, and Quality Promotion & Standard setting bodies; to facilitate scientific cooperation, coordination of activities, information exchange, exchange of expertise and implementation of joint projects.
- To undertake all relevant activities, including implementation of specific projects funded by government, bilateral, multilateral and other funding agencies for growth in health technology, and improving access towards affordable health technologies and medical devices.